Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Three girls and two guys...

 Our little Finn decided to come 10 days early and boy am I glad he did. The end of this pregnancy was really rough. The rest of the pregnancy was heavenly but the last two months were super uncomfortable and I was so sick.  So this is how it all played out...On Monday the 6th Mike was working OB at the hospital and the girls and I were home. I had just finished reading scriptures and doing prayers with them and we got up to go to bed. As soon as I stood up my water broke. I have NEVER had my water break and boy was I glad that I was home because it just kept coming. I had to sit on a towel in the bathroom while Kennedy ran around the house packing up the girls and getting us ready to drop them off at our friends house.  I called Mike and he called a co-worker to work for him. He came home and got us and we dropped off the girls at the Wood's house and headed to the hospital.  I was admitted at around 8:30 or 9:00.  I started progressing quite quickly and soon my contractions were hurting like crazy. I had my first epidural and after an hour I was in so much pain I knew that it wasn't working. So we tried for epidural #2 and it was heavenly. Immediately I could feel a difference and I was so grateful because it was getting incredibly painful.  When it was time to push it took about 10 minutes and Finn was born.  He was born at 2:00 am.  We were excited to see what his hair color was, we weren't sure if he would be red or brown. We were amazed at how much hair he had.  He was very alert and just looked around at everything.
He weighed 7lbs 3 oz was 19 inches long and was just as cute as a button.
 When the girls came to see him they were just about as excited as they could be.  Kennedy was so in love and just wanted to hold him again and again. Sophie thought he was "so cute" and had a lot of questions about the little guy.



 The girls definitely had to pry the little guy out of Dad's hands.
 The girls are absolutely eating up this little guy. I have been pleasantly surprised at how they have reacted to their little brother. They are incredibly sweet to him and really love the guy.
 I really just could not stop staring at him, he was so sweet and cute.
Kennedy was beyond thrilled that little Finn was here. We are so excited to have him in our family.

2 comments:

Tyanna said...

Oh man!! He is SO stinkin' cute Summer! He's the first baby I've seen that has made me feel a twinge of baby hunger. Congrats on such a beautiful boy and smooth delivery--the pics of the girls holding him are SO sweet. What a lucky little guy to be surrounded by so much love.

Leslie said...

Congrats on your new arrival. He is adorable. Looks like he'll be tall like his daddy! He already has long legs.