Thursday, January 12, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We have officially moved into our new house.  It took us two days and only a few of our friends to get the job done.  We have lived here for 4 days and our house is totally unpacked. I attribute this to the fact that I am in full nesting mode.  I literally cannot stop doing things and by the end of the day I am so tired, my back hurts my feet are swollen and killing.  It already feels like home and the more we live here the more we discover about the house that we love.  I am so excited to decorate and have already ordered some fun stuff that I am anxiously waiting to arrive in the mail. 
Like this pink and green shower curtain for the girls bathroom...
 And this bedding for Sophie's room...
As far as the rest of our lives go we are back into our schedule and seem to be as busy as ever.  Kennedy is now doing 9 hours of gymnastics a week and has begun placement and testing for competitive gymnastics.  Soph is back in dance and loving every minute with Miss Nicole.  Sophie is also the most difficult child to potty train EVER!  I have tried it ALL, I am about to offer the girl a car.  She just won't do it.  She absolutely will not go #2 in the toilet, she does pee in it but not %100 even when I take her every 30 minutes.  It is so frustrating!
Our little Sophie will be having surgery tomorrow.  She is having tubes put in her ears and having her umbilical hernia fixed.  I really don't love having my kids put under anesthesia so I am a bit nervous but they are very simple procedures so it should be just fine.
Mike has begun the rock hard challenge again with his friends, a weight lifting program that they do together at the gym each morning. We were impressed with the results last year and I think it is fun for the guys to get together and relieve their stress.  I do have to say though that listening to someone gripe about how sore they are when you are about to pop is fairly annoying.  Really? Are ya sore? Boo hoo.  
I am as big as a house and ready to pop this little guy out any minute. My feet and legs are starting to swell and I am about as anti social and cranky as one can be.  Really trying my best to just get through this next 5 weeks but it may just kill me.  I have always thought 4 kids sounded good but 3 is sounding so much better these days.
We are super excited for our little Finn to come, we've got the bassinet all set up and his clothes are all hung up.    Can't wait to have a little more testosterone up in this joint.  

No comments: