Friday, May 11, 2012

House

 We really love our new house. We've been in it for about 4-5 months and it feels like it fits us really well.  I've been decorating each room slowly and Mike has been working on the outside and finishing the basement.  It is fun to have little projects to do around the house. We have rented for so long I love to have a place to make our own and to be able to make changes and pull out all of our stuff that has been in storage forever.  
 I thought I would take pictures of the outside now that our bushes and trees are in bloom and our grass is somewhat growing back.  Mike spent several weekends mulching the yard and it looks a lot nicer and smells heavenly! I love that smell!  
 I am hoping to get a couple of pots to put under those two long windows preferably black.  
 The backyard has really filled in and it looks so nice.  
 I can't wait to get some patio furniture for the back so we can sit outside and enjoy the yard.
 Not really loving this landscape situation...kinda pointless. Eventually we will move this and get a trampoline or play structure for the backyard or both, there is a lot of side yard that's kinda wasted.
 This little path leads to a cement slab that we aren't exactly sure what it was used for, maybe a hot tub? I think I want to put a sandbox there or a playhouse for the kids.

 The following are some collages of the different rooms in our house that are somewhat decorated.  Above is our master bedroom.  I want to paint the side tables white and do some pictures of the kids or mike and I above our bed or on one of the blank walls.  
 Here is the kitchen. Eventually I'd like to paint the cabinets white because I love white kitchens.  We have a black table with black chairs and stools.  And the botanical prints are framed I just haven't hung them up yet.
 This is the girls bathroom upstairs. it is blue, pink and green.  

 This is Sophie's bedroom. I love the navy and pink. She has a fun little window seat and shelves on both sides.  She also has a secret play area inside her closet.
 This is Kennedy's room, we stole the colors from her cousin Sydney.  She also has a window seat and the little door there goes into a small play area that is filled with blankets and pillows where she hides away with the ipad.
This is the living room.  Not much more to say about that.  Still waiting to get new couches, side tables and a coffee table but we want to wait until the basement is finished before we do any of that. I am working on a few things to decorate the mantle to the fireplace.  Fun Fun!

No comments: